Design Engineer - Des Moines, Iowa (copy)
Plan, develop, and prepare design and engineering activities for projects, including assist with layout and design activities. Integrate processing equipment into construction projects while coordinating design intent with Project Development Managers and Construction Project Managers.
- Assists the Project Development Managers and Senior Project Development Designers, as needed, with layout and design aspects of a project during the sales effort.
- Participate in the estimating portion of the project sale and assist in cost acquisition and evaluation.
- Responsible for delivering a complete set of construction drawings with appropriate details needed for construction. Work with the Designers, Designer and Drafting Manager, and the Engineering and Design Senior Manager to accomplish this. It is the responsibility of the Design Engineer to see to it that the design is complete, accurate, on schedule and under budget. Communication with the Project Manager is critical and required for these functions.
- Design Engineer is ultimately responsible for the content of the design and drawings associated with a project and maintaining the integrity/intent established in the project development phase.
- Coordinate engineering and design activities
- Review manufacturer’s data and drawings with respect to project design criteria.
- Coordinate design efforts with other project personnel. May be required to provide construction department personnel with design information.
- Work with vendors to coordinate design details for projects.
- Prepare basic design sketches for drafting and incorporate into design criteria.
- Expedites and reviews shop drawings as needed per project requirements.
- Maintain open and positive dialog with Clients, Subcontractors and Engineers, Design Engineering Managers, Construction Managers and Field Operations.
- Coordinate all activities and communications between Construction Operations and Engineering and Design departments.
- Travel as required to carry out these duties on projects
- Perform other functions as assigned.
- A thorough knowledge of company’s engineering and control procedures
- Knowledge of basic phases of construction projects
- Knowledge of mathematical functions
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Knowledgeable of company’s objectives
- Design/Drafting software experience is desirable. (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, etc.)
- Skill at scheduling own time
- Ability to prioritize tasks for job completion
- Ability to present information in a clear and understandable manner
4 year engineering degree or equivalent technical training and related experience
Advance knowledge of construction engineering technology, codes, and standards
2 year of experience in Ag/Construction Companies.