Fabrication Shop Estimator/Buyer
NATURE OF THE WORK
The primary tasks associated with the Fabrication Shop Estimator involve analyzing and interpreting dimensional drawings, material cost, bill of materials, tooling requirements, set up times, and labor costs in order to prepare estimates for internal sales quotations. The majority of our fabrications are custom and we work with very tight timelines. The other essential focus of this position involves purchasing and expediting materials necessary to support fabrication, manage the material inventory system, and assist with shipping. This position is ideally located at the fabrication facility at the Junction of 30/330 in Marshalltown Iowa but it is possible to work both in our Urbandale office and commute to Marshalltown a few times a week.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interacts with multiple departments including sales, engineering, and production to obtain or provide necessary information to establish accurate cost estimates for new and existing products.
- Prepare comprehensive material take-off and identify labor needed to complete the project.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key material suppliers.
- Create RFPs
- Enter Purchase Orders into the procurement system and distribute applicable documents to parties involved.
- Utilize historical data to analyze for improved efficiencies.
- Compliance with all Company Safety, Substance Abuse and work rules, policies and procedures.
- Other tasks as necessary to complete the work and aid in the fabrication process.
KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES / SKILLS
- Good practical knowledge of custom fabrication practices.
- Prior experience working with steel fabrication.
- Able to distinguish material types and specifications.
- Ability to create estimates based on dimensional drawings.
- Candidates should be able to read and understand construction drawings and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics GP preferred.
- Collaborate with others.
- Must be able to thrive in deadline driven environment.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape, and form of lines, figures, and objects.
- 2 year degree program preferred.
- Experience working in Industrial or Fabrication/Machine Shops is highly desirable.
- Valid State Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
- Verifiable Government required documentation.
- Pass Company required drug test.
- Welding certifications a plus.
- Current Safety training certifications a plus.