Territory Field Sales Manager (West TX, NM, AZ)
- Full Time
- Sales & Sales Support
Reports to: Sales Operations Manager
The area of responsibility for the Territory Field Sales Manager involves direct equipment sales and enhancing and broadening Bratney Companies relationships with specific accounts within the seed, feed, edible products, grain, special commodity processing industries and other related flexible packaging industries of free flowing dry materials. This will involve utilization and incorporation of all Bratney Companies equipment offerings as well as engineering and construction services to enhance not only customer satisfaction and profitability but our corporate profitability as well.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and achieve sales goals, execute sales plans for both volume and profit.
- Negotiate customer contracts.
- Initiate and maintain direct one-on-one communication with customers.
- Contact prospects and develop new business.
- Ability to demonstrate products and consult with customers to determine which products best suit customer needs.
- Provide market and customer intelligence to management and peers, by analyzing past and current sales data, trends, costs, estimated and realized revenue, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred.
- Utilize persuasive sales techniques to close sales transactions.
- Service accounts and manage customer relationships regarding pricing, product warranty claims, receivables, etc.
- Develop and implement strategies to maintain and/or expand sales within assigned territory.
- Communicate with potential customers, researching & following up on leads, scheduling meetings, making cold calls.
- Communicates with the customer to understand the customer's overall objectives and requirements and determines how Bratney Companies can meet their short and long-term goals.
- Ensures that sales, engineering, and training departments provide post implementation support to assigned accounts/customers.
- Participates in trade shows by representing the organization and sharing information on products.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Maintain accurate customer files
KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES / SKILLS
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Experience in agriculture
- PC proficiency including Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Use and updating of company provided CRM system
- Proven track record of growth and achievement in sales profession.
- Demonstrated customer service, problem solving, negotiation, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with high degree of initiative.
- Ability to travel that will require overnight stays.
- Experience selling direct to end users, OEM accounts, contractors, millwrights or other resale firms.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS degree preferred in business, sales/marketing or engineering. OR
- Minimum 2-3 years sales experience, preferably in seed and grain industry, food processing, packaging or consumer products industry.